Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Improv Life

If you are reading sans music, then you are slighting my art.
Start the tunez and read the story.

And so, we start walking into the crowds of the VA... I PAINT A SMILE ON MY CHOPS BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO SEE DESTITUTE or THAT FUCKING SURPRISE WHEN YOU SEE SOMEONE's HURT BAD....

"Hi! How ya doing ?"
with nothing but the improv I have tucked under my arm (trump is STILL comedy material, screw him)
I met a fine lady who, in her beautiful dress, withstood time itself. She complained about my shoe lace which had been hanging from me for a bit of time.
She called me to her, and, for no more reason than I made her friend, and her brother laugh with a silly joke, she pulled my shoe off and fixed it.
Mind you, it is unfixable.
She fixed it.
Later, a gal with a gold Lamé head scarf put up with my clumsy efforts at pointing out her personal excellent. Quite fetching...lovely beautiful gal. Pretty sure I embarrassed her for a moment.
I also had no card, and she siad she could fix that.
And did.
In Starbucks (the VA have a Starbucks.... so?) the gal listened quietly to my description of wanting cold coffee that was already sweet. Frapicino
She added whipped cream and sprinkles.
ESP I reckon.
Never stopping, float upstairs (via elevator) either new jokes or old, matters not.

Michaels (an art store) opened itself to my call, I entered and it all changed suddenly.
My bones became cold. From the inside...
Ice.
oh god oh god oh god....
The wind picked up, cold bones turned into cold organs, cold organs turned into pure ice...
Each bite a chomp out of my life.
I had no idea what to do.
So cold.....
I had a hand full of stuffs, and prayed for a direction of warmth.
I saw Leslie working her job, hanging, primping, lovingly putting up flowers, and I thought, what the heck. Ask her for help.
I told her about two sessions of chemo,
told her about the cold......
She invited me into her arms. and hugged me.
Good warm, loving hug.
But from that moment I was off. My timing went to shit
(what's the hardest thing about com....the timing!)
Moxnix.
Things went downhill from there.
I felt like dying.

Felt I WAS dying....

But the one kindness
Just that one act of human kindness
I found the strength to go buy oranges and a lemon (none of your business)
I took them to Helen, a wonderful gal who always doats over me.
I'm lucky to be his old and have some friends so close as to help me. And then I realize that I haad several friends....People who would write at least one word in reply.
And I remember the events of previous years...
Some thought "NO WORDS"
some thought "CURSE THEM"

But I gave and gave...
and they in turn gave and gave.

Is it any wonder I cry endlessly?
I don't care if you believe or not.
It matters not...
You are either good....
or not.
But I love you.

God love you, Leslie, and Gold Lame`, and shoe lady.
Your husbands, brothers, friends, lovers, all in your life!

And now, due to my poor timing, I drag my tired ass back to bed where it belongs.

Will Rogers was correct.
We have but a short time here...
Get all the Good Laughs while you can.

And Love those around you...



No comments:

friendly wanderers

Internal News

Internal News
(did he say 'internal news'?....well, no. He wrote 'internal news'....Well, what does that mean?....I dunno. Let's go look, shall we?)

Yeah....I know....